Monday 5 July 2010

British Rock

I'm still working through a series of blog posts for my last month or so in North America however I thought I'd give an update on the last month, the first 4 weeks back in the UK.

Fresh from the sandstone towers of Nevada and granite bastions of Yosemite and Squamish I decided it was best to get straight back out on the rock here in the UK to try and keep standards high, and see how much transferred. I've not done anything for the last week, however I'm on more pitches climbed then days being back in the country, so heres the list:

Castle Crag of Triermain
Overhanging Bastion VS 5a
Gazebo HVS 5a
May Day Cracks VS 5a

Gable Crag
Engineers Slabs VS 4c

Walking in to Gable Crag.

Tremadog
Shadrach VS 4c
One Step in the Clouds VS 4c

Llanberis Pass
The Cracks, Dinas Mot HS 5a
Main Wall, Crynn Las HS 4b

Dow Crag
Eliminate B HVS 5a
Eliminate A VS 4c

I've also had a session top-roping after work last week at Witche's Quarry, Pendle and been up Pinnacle Ridge twice with a group from the university and a group of explorers on County Camp.

So in total I think I'm on 46 pitches, and climbing confidently at the VS/HVS level which is sort where I want to be for the Alps in a few weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment