Saturday 13 March 2010

Powderwhore

The rockies have been pretty dry for the last few weeks, the resorts were really starting to show the lack of snow, still plenty in the backcountry as I found out on the meadows last weekend though. Thankfully a few systems have come through this week and put some down, Sunshine got 20cm Tuesday/Wednesday and I hear Norquay got nearly twice as much, 35cm, on Thursday. So plan is to get out and look for some fresh tracks, heading out tomorrow with Trevor to a yet-undecided destination, avalanche forecast is a little high but I'm sure we'll find some nice slopes to ski, and then having a resort day Sunday with Trev, Ian an Dena - should be a good weekend.

As such, while having tea tonight I did a little surfing on Google video for some skiing clips, its nice to gawk at people that are far better than you'll ever be from time to time! I particularly enjoyed the one below:



I'll report back on the conditions and where I ended up when I get back.

Quick side note, I went to my friend Dena's band at a gig last night, I've seen them before and again they didn't disappoint. They're a Ska band and do a very good cover of Reel Big Fish's 'Beer' Check out their MySpace - I know still in the dark ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment